September 25, 2022


  • Works taken up below Bharatmala Pariyojana Section I
  • Envisaged as Financial Hall between two cities

Mysuru: Automobile customers must wait until mid-2022 for a easy experience on the 140-odd-km Mysuru-Bengaluru Freeway that’s being upgraded to a 10-lane freeway and as an Financial Hall. The ten lanes embody 4 service roads on both sides of the six-lane major carriageway. 

The Nationwide Highways Authority of India has taken up the core works at an estimated price of Rs. 7,400 crore and as soon as the mission is realised, commuters between Bengaluru and Mysuru can journey the gap in nearly 90 minutes from the current 3 hours. 

In reply to questions raised by P.C. Mohan, MP for Bengaluru Central in Lok Sabha lately, the Ministry of Street Transport and Highways (MoRTH) stated that 85 p.c of the land required for the mission has been acquired. The scope of the work additionally consists of building of 9 main bridges, 44 minor bridges and 4 Street Over Bridges.

“The six-lane Bengaluru-Nidaghatta-Mysuru Street stretch was awarded in two packages in February 2018. Bodily progress of about 18 p.c has been achieved within the six-lane work on the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta part. The appointed date for work on six-laning of the Nidaghatta-Mysuru part has not been declared,” stated the word from the Ministry. 

Of the full price of the mission that’s roughly Rs. 7,400 crore, about Rs. 2,270 crore has already been spent. The scheduled completion time for six-laning of the Bengaluru-Nidaghatta-Mysuru highway stretch is 30 months from the appointed date. 

The Ministry reply additionally said that the mission has been taken up below the Bharatmala Pariyojana Section I authorised by the Authorities of India, below which Bengaluru to Mysuru stretch is envisaged as an Financial Hall .

The Union Authorities, in 2014, had declared the sooner State Freeway 17 and State Freeway 88 as Nationwide Freeway No. 275. The widening mission will start from Panchamukhi Ganesha Temple after Kengeri city close to Bengaluru and ends at Columbia Asia Hospital junction on the Mysuru Ring Street in Mysuru

The NHAI has awarded the mission to Bhopal-based Dilip Buildcon and the mission is totally funded by the Centre together with the distribution of compensation for the land acquired.  The Firm has taken up the freeway works in two packages. 

The primary package deal covers the event of 56.1 kms freeway stretch from Bengaluru to Nidaghatta in Maddur taluk at the price of Rs. 3,000 crore together with 900 acres of land acquisition. Over 80 per cent land acquisition has been accomplished.

The second package deal of works  consists of the event of 61.2 km freeway from Nidaghatta to Mysuru at the price of Rs.3,500 crore. Over 1,121 acres of land shall be acquired for the second package deal works and 60 p.c of land has been acquired.

The mission is being taken up below new Hybrid Annuity Mode (HAM) adopted by NHAI. As per this, NHAI will fund simply 40 per cent of the full mission price whereas the remaining 60 per cent shall be invested by the contractor or developer. The contractor/investor will get fastened annual income whereas the Freeway Authority takes care of the toll assortment.

The Firm has taken up each the package deal works after setting base camps for each 20 kilometres. Six bypass roads shall be constructed at Srirangapatna, Mandya, Maddur, Channapattana, Ramanagara and Bidadi. An estimated 36,000 autos ply between the 2 cities on a regular basis and site visitors density has elevated for now.



Supply hyperlink