Fashionable and slim Android smartphone in Europe. Again with a splash: Panasonic dives into Europe with a slim, trendy and waterproof smartphone
Panasonic Europe has unveiled its new smartphone – the ELUGA – an ultra-slim, excessive specification waterproof smartphone for the type acutely aware.
The ELUGA – whose title stems from the phrase ‘elegant user-oriented gateway’ – weighs in at simply 103g, making it one of many lightest Android™ smartphone in Europe. In addition to being waterproof, the ELUGA packs one of many largest display ratio in the marketplace – with a show comprising 66% of the cellphone’s physique, due to its super-thin body.
With a 7.8mm profile alongside the complete size of the cellphone, the ultra-slim D form is designed to not smash the road of garments – even the ELUGA’s prime quality 8MP digicam lens lies flat towards the cellphone’s chassis.
The cellphone specs embody :
● An ultra-slim D formed design, with a slender 123×62.0x7.8mm body.
● Worldwide normal IP57 water and dustproofing. Protected for as much as a depth of 1 metre for as much as half-hour in water, and guarded towards mud (75 micrometers or much less in diameter/no dangerous deposit) if left close to or in it for eight hours or much less.
● Close to-field communication (NFC) expertise, that means the cellphone is prepared for ‘no contact’ interactions, together with contactless funds.
● A 4.3 inch, 960×540, capacitive OLED QHD display with one of many largest show space ratio in the marketplace.
● Swipe and Share, letting customers wirelessly ‘throw’ photos from their cellphone to a TV or cloud service, or stream motion pictures from their cellphone to a TV. The VieraRemote app additionally allows the cellphone for use as a distant management for different digital units within the house (akin to a Viera TV, DIGA Blu-ray participant and recorder, house cinema system, or digital nonetheless digicam).
● An 8MP autofocus digicam, with 8GB of built-in reminiscence.
● A 1GHz dual-core processor ( OMAP4430 ), with Android Gingerbread (model 2.3.5) on-board, to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich from summer time 2012.
The ELUGA can even function ‘eco mode’, Panasonic’s distinctive power-saving expertise which supplies vital environmental profit by shutting down non-essential options when the cellphone is working low on battery energy.
Toshiya Matsumura, Common Supervisor, Head of Cell Communications, Panasonic System Communications Europe, stated: “Regardless of the unprecedented enhance within the variety of smartphone units showing over the previous few years, we do not consider anybody has but managed to really bridge the hole between type and substance. With the launch of the ELUGA, we’re aiming to show it’s doable to ship type, perform, kind, and the easiest underlying expertise, all in a competitively-priced package deal.”